Valerie woke me up this morning around 4 AM because she was feeling contractions and her water had started to break. We casually got ready and waited around for a bit.

A little after 6:30 AM, we called the hospital to see if we should come in because her contractions were getting stronger. Since her water had started to break, they said yes. However, before we went in, we went to McDonalds because Valerie wanted a McMuffin.

We got to the hospital around 7:15 AM. They checked her out and said, “yup, you are gonna stay.”

A little after 8:30 AM, they moved us to a new room. Later on, there were some complications, but it looked like things had cleared up.

They set up Valerie’s epidural for the pain and around 7:30 PM, we learned that the baby may be on his cord, which can cause complications.

At 9 PM, they made the decision to do a C Section to get baby out. Mom was so scared and nervous, but she was as amazing as she always is. We just prayed during the surgery and soon enough, we heard the cries of our son.

Mommy and baby are doing well. Our son’s name will be announced soon.